Monday, June 8, 2009

A day in Athena and Weston

I worked on Saturday and had the pleasure of spending the morning in Athena and Weston. I was headed that way to cover Pioneer Days, but stopped by at the Lads and Lassies Cancer Walk on the way.
I caught up to the "walkers" (though many were running) as they ascended and descended the hill to the cemetery and I was amazed at the number of people strung along the road. Officials said it was 75, but I'd say it looked like more.
Here runneres Colleen Baydon and Anne Countryman of Athena led the charge back downhill toward town.

Pioneer days is one of those fun, small-town festivities full of cute kids and puppies - yes I did see puppies. This little girl won first prize in her division, though I wasn't able to suss out her name from the list of entries. She's pretty in pink anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment